Paul grew up in the Northwest of England near Manchester. He represented Lancashire as a schoolboy footballer and went on to play professionally for Huddersfield Town FC and Colne Dynamoes FC. Paul moved to Australia at age 22 and lived there for five years, playing professionally for Newcastle Town FC, NSW and also for Juventus FC, in Tasmania.
Along with his brother, Dave, he moved to the U.S. In 1995 and began his coaching career at Carlsbad Lightning, and then Del Mar Sharks, before joining SD Surf soccer club where he coached for 15 years. Paul’s Surf teams have always played an attractive brand of soccer and won many top championships. He has helped to develop players who have represented their country in U.S. National Youth Teams and who are now playing professionally.
English FA coaching badge, U.S. “B” license.
- Nat Cup Winners – boys u15
- Regional Champions – boys u15
- Nat cup Winners – boys u12
- Regional Champions – boys u12
- Nat cup Finalists – boys u12
- Surf Cup Champions – boys u15
- Surf cup Finalists – boys u11
- Nomads Champions – boys u12
- State Cup Champions – girls u18
- NHB Champions – girls u12
- Surf Boys Coach of the Year – 4 times
- USSF DA Head Coach – 2013 – 2015
- Surf Boys Assistant Director of Coaching – 2014